[DRBD-user] Re: Recovery after failure (0.7.10)

andre konopka andre.konopka at presse-data.de
Wed Jun 1 13:08:51 CEST 2005

 <ckleinfeld2 at ...> writes:

> First time i setup the drbd everything seems to be ok [primary/secondary]
> and the sync works fine.
>
> After shutting down onpdb1, which was primary, obpdb2 takes over the
> resources fine and switched to standalone.
> I turn the power on at onpdb1 and the mashine started fine. But after i take
> a look at /proc/drbd i see that the mashine does not sync the data from
> onpdb2. i think it must be secondary/primary at onpdb1 after a restart. but
> it doesnt do, so both nodes are now in standalone mode and i cant reconnect
> them.
>

> I tryed 'drbdadm connect all' at onpdb1 but the logfile says me that it
> failed, but i dont understand what im doing wrong at this point :
>
> May 19 15:36:47 onpdb1 kernel: drbd0: Discarding network configuration.
> May 19 15:36:47 onpdb1 kernel: drbd0: worker terminated
> May 19 15:36:47 onpdb1 kernel: drbd0: drbd0_receiver [2541]: cstate
> WFConnection --> StandAlone
> May 19 15:36:47 onpdb1 kernel: drbd0: Connection lost.
> May 19 15:36:47 onpdb1 kernel: drbd0: drbd0_receiver [2541]: cstate
> StandAlone --> StandAlone
> May 19 15:36:47 onpdb1 kernel: drbd0: receiver terminated
> May 19 15:36:47 onpdb1 kernel: drbd0: drbdsetup [3456]: cstate StandAlone
> --> Unconnected
> May 19 15:36:47 onpdb1 kernel: drbd0: drbd0_receiver [3458]: cstate
> Unconnected --> WFConnection

I have had the same problem as you...
Try on the the primary node 'drbdadm conect all'. That works for me.

Have a look at dmesg...

I found the folowing messages

Buffer I/O error on device drbd0, logical block 2
drbd0: Not in Primary state, no IO requests allowed
Buffer I/O error on device drbd0, logical block 3
Buffer I/O error on device drbd0, logical block 4
Buffer I/O error on device drbd0, logical block 5
Buffer I/O error on device drbd0, logical block 6
Buffer I/O error on device drbd0, logical block 7

If you know why this happens be so kind to inform me