[DRBD-user] DRBD testing

Corey Edwards tensai at zmonkey.org
Thu Jul 14 06:44:53 CEST 2005

On Wed, 2005-07-13 at 14:41 -0700, Curtis Vaughan wrote:
> Apparently, as I understand, if everything is OK, I should create a
> file system on /dev/drbd0 and then mount it.
> But I can't create any filesystems on drbd0 nor can I mount it. So,
> what is it that I am missing?

DRBD will only allow write access to the Primary node. By default, the
cluster comes up as Secondary/Inconsistent just to be safe. To change
that, use this command:

        # drbdadm -- --do-what-I-say primary r0

That is, of course, a dangerous command and you should only do it if
you're certain that the data on that disk is really what you want. In
your case that's pretty easy.

Corey