[DRBD-user] newbie question.

Todd Denniston Todd.Denniston at ssa.crane.navy.mil
Fri Jan 28 14:21:40 CET 2005

Gareth Ansell wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have 2 servers, print1 and print2.  Print1 is the primary for /dev/nb0
> and the secondary for /dev/nb1.  Print2 is the secondary for /dev/nb0
> and the primary for /dev/nb1.  Both servers are running drbd 0.6.3
>
> I have just noticed that although /dev/nb0 is connected correctly and is
> reporting  correctly, /dev/nb1 is not. On print1 a cat of /proc/drbd gives:
>
> 1: cs:WFConnection st:Secondary/Unknown ns:0 nr:35935428 dw:35935428
> dr:0 pe:0 ua:0
>
> and on print2 the same command gives:
>
> 1: cs:WFConnection st:Primary/Unknown ns:69035104 nr:0 dw:62754988
> dr:909624289 pe:0 ua:0
>
> What is the correct procedure for reconnecting these devices?
>
> thanks
On Fedora Core 1, drbd 0.6.13 I would issue
service drbd /dev/nb1 reconnect
I would do it first on the slave node and then if they are still not
talking, on the master. I have seen this a few times on my setup and still
don't know what causes it.
If you are not on an Redhat variant, service basically calls the
/etc/rc.d/init.d/drbd script with the options that occur after the script
name

You might want to check the logs and see why they broke apart, I usually
only see this when I have either rebooted one box or done `service drbd
stop;service drbd start`.

P.S. Wow!, 0.6.3, your even more couscous about upgrading than me.
--
Todd Denniston