[DRBD-user] TASK_ZOMBIE vs EXIT_ZOMBIE in fc3 2.6.9-1.724

JOE WILDE jwilde2 at FAIRVIEW.ORG
Tue Jan 4 23:22:06 CET 2005

drbd v 0.7.7 from source on Fedor Core 3

I have managed to track down my problem, but because I am not very
familiar with C, don't know how best to fix it.

It appears the maintainers of Fedora Core 3 have jumped the gun on
replacing TASK_ZOMBIE in kernels up to 2.6.9 with the EXIT_ZOMBIE that
is coming in 2.6.10.

$diff 2.6.9-1.681_FC3/source/include/linux/sched.h
2.6.9-1.724_FC3/source/include/linux/sched.h
113,114c113,114
< #define TASK_ZOMBIE       16
< #define TASK_DEAD         32
---
> #define EXIT_ZOMBIE       16
> #define EXIT_DEAD         32

drbd's drbd_int.h allows for the change with 2.6.10
drbd v0.7.7, drbd_int.h, line 1552:
#if LINUX_VERSION_CODE < KERNEL_VERSION(2,6,10)

but this does not accomodate fc3 2.6.9-1.724

I am guessing fc3 maintainers are unlikely to rollback their change
since it is coming in 2.6.10 and from my google searches, few packages
appear to use this hook.
I would also not be surprised if other drbd users start seeing this same
issue.

Can drbd_int.h be updated to accomodate this?  Or will I need to hack my
own version and break compatability with my older kernel installs.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.
-joe
The information transmitted in this e-mail is intended only for the person or entity to which it is addressed
and may contain confidential and/or privileged material, including “protected health information.”  If you are
not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any review, retransmission, dissemination,
distribution, or copying of this message is strictly prohibited.  If you have received this communication in
error, please destroy and delete this message from any computer and contact us immediately by return e-mail.