[DRBD-user] Unable to create drbd disk

Anthony Barlow barlowa at pnp.co.za
Mon Feb 28 10:27:13 CET 2005

Hi,

We have just compiled and installed the latest version of drbd onto
Redhat as 3, the module loads without any problems and /proc/drbd shows
the following:

version: 0.7.10 (api:77/proto:74)
SVN Revision: 1743 build by root at localhost.localdomain, 2005-02-25
09:36:40
 0: cs:Unconfigured
 1: cs:Unconfigured

When we try to create a drbd drive/partition with drbdsetup we get the
following error:

drbdsetup /dev/drbd0 disk /dev/sda5
 disk lower_dev meta_data_dev meta_data_index [{--size|-d} val]
         [{--on-io-error|-e} val]
Not enough arguments.

/dev/sda5 is a freshly formatted ext3 20G partition.

Any help would be appriciated.

Thanks,
Anthony

Read our disclaimer at: http://www.picknpay.co.za/pnp/view/pnp/en/page5093?
If you don't have web access, the disclaimer can be mailed to you on request.
Disclaimer requests to be sent to it-security at pnp.co.za