[DRBD-user] Newbie: Using drbd to have Cyrus HA over WAN

Richard Goh richard_goh74 at yahoo.com
Sat Feb 19 16:19:07 CET 2005

Hi all,

I was thinking of having Cyrus IMAPd's spool (all
users' emails) to be replicated over WAN.

In the first place, is this a bad idea?

If it's ok, can drbd be set asynchronously replicating
the data over WAN?  I think synchronous replication
would severly block the primary servers, is it not?

Does asynchronous replication has no disadvantages
other than the data in the secondary server is not the
latest?  Will it actually be corrupted then?

Can drbd in degraded mode, do a resynchronization back
to the primary server so that the primary server can
resume it's state as the master server?  Will there be
any way to know whether the resynchronization back be
finished?

Thank you.