[DRBD-user] question about how DRBD works(sync?async?)

David Huang david_huang at proware.com.tw
Tue Feb 15 11:38:18 CET 2005

Hello everyone, could I ask some questions about how DRBD works?

According to the reference, it says in protocol C, it is guaranteed that after a (f)sync operation both devices are bit-for-bit identical. Does it mean the next local write IO will be hold before the curent remote write IO opreation completed? if the case is true, does it mean primary and slave's data are identical ALL the time in protocol C(sync)? but not in protocol A or B(async)?

sincerely

David Huang