[DRBD-user] 'Starting DRBD resources' gives weird information..

Jon Soong jon.soong at imvs.sa.gov.au
Tue Feb 1 04:15:25 CET 2005

Hi Guys,

I'm running FC3 and 0.7.8.

I have two drbd resources 'testdrbd' and 'data' defined in /etc/drbd.conf.

When I start drbd, it says it starting "[ d0 d1 s0 s1 n0 n1 ]" - shouldn't
this me "[testdrbd data]"??????

When i do a "cat /proc/drbd" it returns two resources..

[root at iha1 ~]# /etc/init.d/drbd start
Starting DRBD resources:    [ d0 d1 s0 s1 n0 n1 ].
  DRBD's startup script waits for the peer node(s) to appear.
  - In case this node was already a degraded cluster before the
    reboot the timeout is 40 seconds. [degr-wfc-timeout]
  - If the peer was available before the reboot the timeout will
    expire after 38 seconds. [wfc-timeout]
    (These values are for resource 'data'; 0 sec -> wait forever)
  To abort waiting enter 'yes' [   4]:yes
[root at iha1 ~]# cat /proc/drbd
version: 0.7.8 (api:77/proto:74)
SVN Revision: 1725 build by root at iha1.imvs.org, 2005-02-01 10:19:47
  0: cs:WFConnection st:Secondary/Unknown ld:Consistent
     ns:0 nr:0 dw:0 dr:0 al:0 bm:0 lo:0 pe:0 ua:0 ap:0
  1: cs:WFConnection st:Secondary/Unknown ld:Consistent
     ns:0 nr:0 dw:0 dr:0 al:0 bm:0 lo:0 pe:0 ua:0 ap:0

Does anyone know why it is 'd0 d1 s0 s1 n0 n1' and not my resource names
(as it was in 0.7.5) ??

Cheers

Jon