[DRBD-user] problem starting drbd over heartbeat

Tobias Gablunsky t.gablunsky at cbxnet.de
Wed Dec 21 21:49:28 CET 2005

Hello!

I have a problem with starting DRBD over Heartbeat.

My /etc/ha.d/haresources looks like:

#############
gamma6 IPaddr::192.168.24.10 drbd drbddisk::export Filesystem::/dev/drbd0::/usr/export::xfs
#############

This means, I want the node "gamma6" to take the ip-address 192.168.24.10, then start DRBD and last mount the DRBD-Partition as /usr/export.

This works perfectly. But, on the second machine starting heartbeat with exactly the same haresources-file Heartbeat starts. Then it sees "there is another node started already. So I'm waiting for it to go away" and doesn't start DRBD.
How can I get Heartbeat to start DRBD on the second machine in "Secondary" mode?

I am very sure this is a newbie question. But I cannot find the answer anywhere...

Thanks in advance for any help!

tobias gablunsky
systemtechnik internet

CBXNET combox internet gmbh