(was: Re: [DRBD-user] Stale NFS file handle)

Todd Denniston Todd.Denniston at ssa.crane.navy.mil
Sat Dec 17 06:01:52 CET 2005

Diego Julian Remolina wrote:
> Is the Stale NFS problem happening on nfs version 3, 4 or both?  I am
> using NFS version 4 on RHEL4 with RHEL4, FC3 and FC4 clients and I have

I am not sure which version Andrés is using, but your message about NFSv4
piqued my interest.  RHEL4 is a productized FC3 (or is it FC4) right?

> no problems with NFS switching from primary to secondary and back,
> except for the fact that I do need to sometimes restart rpcidmapd on the
> nfs server a few times after the switch (I actually added a script that
> restarts rpcidmapd 5 times with 5 second intervals) or I will get the
> following error message on the clients:
>
> Dec 11 07:15:50 sauron kernel: decode_getfattr: xdr error 10008!

Have you seen this message?
http://linux-nfs.org/pipermail/nfsv4/2004-December/000894.html

looks like idmapd has to be started after the other filesystem related
deamons, so you may be able to just reorder your haresources list.