[DRBD-user] DRBD state machine problem

Scott Simpson ssimpson at visionsolutions.com
Wed Dec 14 01:50:45 CET 2005

We have our own clustering system and are using DRBD. I am testing
failover and I am getting a problem with the "out of date" algorithm in
DRBD. Here is the scenario:

1. Machine A is primary and machine B is backup.
2. I reboot A and B becomes primary and enters the WFConnection state.
3. When A comes back up, it is now backup and it connects to B. B
immediately goes in Standalone state because the Consistent flags match
on both machines, the HumanCnt flags match, the TimedOutCnt flags match,
but the ConnectedCnt is higher on backup node A than on the current
primary node B so B goes into Standalone state. Is there any way to
prevent this? Once I am in Standalone state on B, I cannot reconnect to
A. Thank you.

Scott Simpson
Advisory Software Engineer
Vision Solutions, inc.

17911 Von Karman Ave,  5th Floor
Irvine, CA 92614
UNITED STATES

Tel: +1 (949) 660-7463
Fax: +1 (949)225-0287
Email: ssimpson at visionsolutions.com
<http://www.visionsolutions.com/>
Disclaimer - 12/13/2005
The contents of this e-mail (and any attachments) are confidential, may be privileged, and may contain copyright material of Vision Solutions, Inc. or third parties. You may only reproduce or distribute the material if you are expressly authorized by Vision Solutions to do so. If you are not the intended recipient, any use, disclosure or copying of this e-mail (and any attachments) is unauthorized. If you have received this e-mail in error, please immediately delete it and any copies of it from your system and notify us via e-mail at helpdesk at visionsolutions.com