[DRBD-user] Re: DRBD on /dev/md[x] devices

Hans Holm hans.holm at siatm.com
Fri Dec 2 17:14:34 CET 2005

Well,

The idea was to keep three identical disks in three server nodes.
Any of the two standby (secondary) nodes could at any time take over
as operative (primary) node. It should also be possible to separate
one node and use it for test purpose with all the dynamic data up to date.
This when still keeping the other two nodes in a primary/secondary
connected configuration.
One of the primary drbd devices could perhaps run diskless, to
avoid a redundant disk device?

/Hans