[DRBD-user] If lost connection with nodes, when reconnect "the primary goes to secondary for a while"

Juan Pablo Lopez Bergero lopezjp at gmail.com
Thu Dec 1 17:55:25 CET 2005

Hello everybody who can help me! :P

I need assistance, if i have none, then it's    very possible that i
will kill myself! :)

WHAT DO I HAVE:

                                  I have a pair of servers working
with DRBD and HEARTBEAT.
Everything works fine, the sync works, and when i shut down a server i
can change the roles fine.
In this case, i have 2 network cards between them, one of them is
connected to       a lan, and   the other one is twisted between
nodes.

NOTE: I have "no serial cable" and i can't have it.

THE PROBLEM:

                             If i disconnect both network cards on the
secondary node, when i reconnect them, this happens:

                           --- The primary node works fine, he detect
the lost of the secondary node.  And the same happen with the
secondary node, he lost connection and both keeps they roles of
primary and  secondary respectively.

                          --- When the connection with the secondary
node is restored "THE PRIMARY NODE GOES TO SECONDARY" this is about
the HeartBeat, who     reboot the connection with the "drbddisk"
script.

                          --- After a few seconds (defined in
/etc/ha.d/ha.cf) "deadtime" the primary node returns to the original
role of primary.

IN RESUME:::::

                       ----The primary node was working in primary, if
i disconnect and recconect the secondary, the primary loses connection
for a while (goes to secondary and after the deadtime seconds it
returns to primary)

IT IS OBVIOUS THAT IN THIS PROCESS THE USERS LOOSE THE CONNECTION WITH
THE PRIMARY NODE :(

PLEASE HELP ME TO FIX THIS!!!!! :(
IT'S A BUG???

Thanks a lot