[DRBD-user] Drbd postgresql slave node problem

Roberto roberto at polomercantil.com.br
Sat Aug 27 21:47:53 CEST 2005

You are 100% right. The solution to my problem was within linux user
UID/GID.

As a matter of a fact there is some additional information on the page:

http://www.redhat.com/docs/manuals/linux/RHL-9-Manual/admin-primer/s1-acctsgrps-rhlspec.html

where it says:

"UIDs and GIDs must be globally unique within your organization if you
intend to share files and resources over a network. Otherwise, whatever
access controls you put in place will fail to work properly, as they are
based on UIDs and GIDs, not usernames and group names.
Specifically, if the /etc/passwd and /etc/group files on a file
server and a
user's workstation differ in the UIDs or GIDs they contain, improper
application of permissions can lead to security issues.

For example, if user juan has a UID of 500 on a desktop computer,
files juan
creates on a file server will be created with owner UID 500. However, if
user bob logs in locally to the file server (or even some other
computer),
and bob's account also has a UID of 500, bob will have full
access to juan's
files, and vice versa.

Therefore, UID and GID collisions are to be avoided at all costs."