[DRBD-user] Drbd postgresql slave node problem

David david at davidbranford.net
Fri Aug 26 21:57:35 CEST 2005

-----Original Message-----
From: David
Sent: Saturday, 27 August 2005 5:27 AM
To: roberto ms
Subject: RE: [DRBD-user] Drbd postgresql slave node problem

couple of suggestions...

1) you probaly will just want to delete that pid file anyway, since it is
not going to be relevent to the state of the (non-running) pgsql process on
the second machine

2) presumably the pgsql directory and its files are owned by the pgsql user
so... are the pid/uid numbers for the pgsql user the same on both machines?
they will need to be the same otherwise to the pgsql process running on the
second system it will appear that they are not owned by pgsql, thus it will
not have permission to access them