[DRBD-user] drbd on nfs mounted drives

Vedshri Deodhar vedshri at gmail.com
Thu Aug 25 12:30:17 CEST 2005

Hello,

Wanted to know if drbd can work on nfs mounted partitons.
Say i have mounted a nfs exported directory  on /san1/home1  from
server A and another directory mounted via nfs on /san2/home2 exported
from server B. Both the mounted partitions are on a single machine
Now if i want to replicate data between /san1/home1 and /san2/home2 ..
is this possible using drbd ?
Or is drbd possible on only on block devices ?

If drbd is not the right solution, can somebody please tell me which
utility i can use. The data is just too huge ( approx 500Gb ) which
needs to copied from one mount point to another.