[DRBD-user] Really slow speeds

Corey Edwards tensai at zmonkey.org
Tue Aug 9 19:43:31 CEST 2005

On Tue, 2005-08-09 at 18:29 +0300, Daniel Andersson wrote:
> hi everyone
>
> just discovered the beauty called drbd and playing around with a test
> setup right now, but i'm receiving very very slow speeds (and nothing in
> the archives seem to cover this problem)
>
> i created two one gig partitions, one on each machine. i also sorted out
> one partition on each machine to hold the meta data
>
> it's now doing the initial sync and this is what i see:
>
> version: 0.7.11 (api:77/proto:74)
> SVN Revision: 1807 build by root at amy.themutual.net, 2005-08-09 15:20:30
>   0: cs:SyncTarget st:Secondary/Primary ld:Inconsistent
>      ns:0 nr:910184 dw:910184 dr:0 al:0 bm:38 lo:0 pe:6 ua:9 ap:0
>          [================>...] sync'ed: 81.6% (144736/774976)K
>          finish: 0:06:01 speed: 320 (236) K/sec

>    syncer {
>      group 1;
>      al-extents 257;
>    }

Try adding a "rate 100M;" statement to the syncer config. The default
speed is 250K/s which is what's you're seeing.

From the man page:

        rate To ensure smooth operation of the application on top of
        DRBD, it is possible to limit the bandwidth which may be used by
        background synchronizations. The default is 250 KB/sec, the
        default unit is KB/sec. Optional suffixes K, M, G are allowed.

Corey