[DRBD-user] drbd ext3fs error

Sandra sandra at ccuec.unicamp.br
Fri Apr 29 18:38:24 CEST 2005

Hi,

   We need some help, please!
   Two weeks ago we had to upgrade a master hardware, from master-slave
drbd and heartbeat installation, because of perfomance problems.
The new hardware received a copy from the old master, operating system
and data, because we didn't have time to upgrade all
the software. Then a drbd error starts to occur , after 4 days of the
migration.
   Our drbd version is 0.6.10 on both machines, with Fedora Core 1,
using LVM.
   The problem occurs with  only one drbd device , the biggest one
(drbd0 with 128G).
   We have looked for information on the Internet (drbd list, fedora
list, etc), and have tryied some hints like fsck and mkfs again on the
drbd file system with problem. But nothing has helped us.
   If you can give us some clues, please we will be glad.
   Thanks.

Sandra
Unix Support Group -

   We have done a mkfs on the device /dev/nb0 that is a LVM :

# vgdisplay -v
--- Volume group ---
VG Name               Vol0
VG Access             read/write
VG Status             available/resizable
VG #                  0
MAX LV                256
Cur LV                1
Open LV               1
MAX LV Size           255.99 GB
Max PV                256
Cur PV                5
Act PV                5
VG Size               124.95 GB
PE Size               4 MB
Total PE              31988
Alloc PE / Size       31986 / 124.95 GB
Free  PE / Size       2 / 8 MB
VG UUID               ljUmnn-5q1n-QpV0-Gqu2-PBp5-B6nn-XDOH2X

--- Logical volume ---
LV Name                /dev/Vol0/LV0
VG Name                Vol0
LV Write Access        read/write
LV Status              available
LV #                   1
# open                 2
LV Size                124.95 GB
Current LE             31986
Allocated LE           31986
Allocation             next free
Read ahead sectors     1024
Block device           58:0

--- Physical volumes ---
PV Name (#)           /dev/sdb1 (1)
PV Status             available / allocatable
Total PE / Free PE    2748 / 0

PV Name (#)           /dev/sdc1 (2)
PV Status             available / allocatable
Total PE / Free PE    8747 / 0

PV Name (#)           /dev/sdd1 (3)
PV Status             available / allocatable
Total PE / Free PE    8747 / 0

PV Name (#)           /dev/sde1 (4)
PV Status             available / allocatable
Total PE / Free PE    8747 / 0

PV Name (#)           /dev/sdf1 (5)
PV Status             available / allocatable
Total PE / Free PE    2999 / 2

The error message is :

> Apr 29 10:34:41 athena kernel: EXT3-fs error (device drbd(43,0)):
> ext3_free_blocks: Freeing blocks not in datazone - block = 727209482,
> count = 1
> Apr 29 10:34:41 athena kernel: EXT3-fs error (device drbd(43,0)):
> ext3_free_blocks: Freeing blocks not in datazone - block = 1281975110,
> count = 1
> Apr 29 10:34:41 athena kernel: EXT3-fs error (device drbd(43,0)):
> ext3_free_blocks: Freeing blocks not in datazone - block = 1714974260,
> count = 1
> Apr 29 10:34:41 athena kernel: EXT3-fs error (device drbd(43,0)):
> ext3_free_blocks: bit already cleared for block 31764
> Apr 29 10:34:41 athena kernel: EXT3-fs error (device drbd(43,0)):
> ext3_free_blocks: bit already cleared for block 32350

The drbd.conf follows :

#
resource drbd0 {
  protocol =C