[DRBD-user] Problem building and installing drbd

Francesco De Rose fdr at nic-nac-project.de
Fri Apr 29 14:18:48 CEST 2005

Helmut Wollmersdorfer wrote:
> Francesco De Rose wrote:
>
> > I am using ubuntu 5.04 with kernel 2.6.10-5-386.
>
> In this case I would exspect the "debian way" to work. See the other
> thread - 'Where is drbd for debian?'.

I think so too, indeed. The point is that ubuntu only provides with the
modules source, so I guess that since I have to compile it would be more
convenient compiling from the tarball and getting the latest version :-)

What I was asking for is whether there is a simple change to do to the
Makefile in order to have the module installed in the 'right' directory.
Otherwise I'll just keep up with a cp $wrongdir/drbd.ko
$rightdir/drbd.ko as I have already done. :-)

I've been playing with drbd for yesterday afternoon and this morning,
and it seems to work like a charm. :-)

Thank you again,

Francesco