[DRBD-user] Where is drbd for debian?

Helmut Wollmersdorfer helmut.wollmersdorfer at gmx.at
Fri Apr 29 12:05:25 CEST 2005

Kee Gohil wrote:

> A few weeks ago, I installed drbd on debian woody (testing) with
> apt-get install module-assistant drbd0.7-module-source drbd0.7-utils
> I try to do this today and it can't find any of the drbd packages. Where
> can I find them now?

You find them in the Sarge/testing repositories:

xp2400:/home/helmut# apt-get install drbd0.7-module-source drbd0.7-utils
--dry-run
Reading Package Lists... Done
Building Dependency Tree... Done
drbd0.7-module-source is already the newest version.
drbd0.7-utils is already the newest version.
0 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 to remove and 79 not upgraded.

Thus your sources.list should point to Sarge (or testing):

xp2400:/home/helmut# cat /etc/apt/sources.list | grep sarge
deb http://192.168.0.21:9999/debian/ sarge main
deb-src http://192.168.0.21:9999/debian/ sarge main
deb http://ftp.at.debian.org/debian/ sarge non-free

And AFAIK you would need to specify -t, --target-release as option, if
you want Sarge packages in Woody, like this:

# apt-get install <your packages> -t sarge

see -> man apt-get

Helmut Wollmersdorfer