[DRBD-user] Resized the Raid....

Lars Ellenberg Lars.Ellenberg at linbit.com
Tue Apr 19 17:31:26 CEST 2005

/ 2005-04-19 09:58:45 -0500
\ David A. Smith:
> Reboot is definately not helping... AND to make matters more complicated -
> i got it backwards.  We went from a 0.8 & a 1.0TB (1.8TB) drives Raided
> togther to 1.0 & 1.4TB (2.4TB) drives raided together - so we're actually
> going LARGER - not smaller.  (still the same crash though).

that makes more sense:
more storage, more bitmap memory, more likely to fail allocation.

though I still see no reason why vmalloc on a 64bit arch should fail, if
you have enough physical memory. And, it is "only" 80MB, that should be fine.

what does your /proc/meminfo say?

still, we need to fix drbd to not bug, but fail more gracefully.  though
that won't help you for now, just leave you with an unusable device.

you can try to reduce the device size to some "known working".
either by partitioning your raid, or by using lvm / dm on top of it.

	Lars