[DRBD-user] XFS issues

Tom Fischer tom.fischer at ebuz.de
Tue Apr 19 17:40:37 CEST 2005

On Mon, 18 Apr 2005 08:56:00 +0200
sebastian schmitzdorff <sebastian.schmitzdorff at ina-germany.de> wrote:

> On Wed, 2005-04-13 at 09:14 +0200, Philipp Reisner wrote:
>
> > Well, I guess this could it be !!
> > We have strange things on top of the stack, the stack trace is
> > extremely long.
> >
> > Yes please retry with an 8kb kernel stack instead.
> >
> > Please try the 8KB stack first, it is much less effort than the
> > signal.S path...
> >

> Using the 8kb stack the machine is running for 4 days now.
> Sorry if I've been barking up the wrong tree. It might be useful
> though to investigate it with the 4kb stack since it's enabled per
> default in the current kernel series.
> I'll keep the list updated how well the system runs.

Hi,

we are running linux 2.6.11.7 (also with 4kb stack) and drbd 0.7.10 with
xfs. Every few days, when i am writing data to the drbd device, the
machine will freeze. The second node takes all over, after rebooting the
frozen machine and resnyc is done, the new primary also freeze. I'm
currently rebuilding the kernel with 8kb stack size. Hope this will fix
the issue.

Tom