[DRBD-user] heartbeat won't start my self made script

Anquijix Schiptara anquijix at hotmail.com
Wed Apr 13 17:28:22 CEST 2005

hi there!

the second mail, this time with subject...

i made a little script that activates/stops the virtual network devices,
when a failover takes place. these are virtual interfaces of the webserver.
we host several sites for customers, and they need a virtual ip address to
connect to their sites...

if i start heartbeat, all the services get up, apart from my own script. is
the syntax incorrect for heartbeat or what? the permissions are set correct.
or are my skills in bash scripting bad?
if i start the script manually, it works..

here is the script:

#!/bin/bash
#
# if-alias Bring up/down (only) aliased interfaces
cd /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts
. network-functions

interfaces=`ls ifcfg* |  LANG=C egrep -e '(ifcfg-eth0:)' | cut -b 12-`

case "$1" in
'start')
        rm -rf *~
        for i in $interfaces; do
        ifconfig eth0:$i 192.168.0.$i netmask 255.255.255.0 -arp 2>/dev/null
1>/dev/null
        done

        ;;
'stop')
        rm -rf *~
        for i in $interfaces; do
        ifconfig eth0:$i down 2>/dev/null 1>/dev/null
        done

        ;;
*)
        echo "Usage: "$0" { start | stop }"