[DRBD-user] XFS issues

Philipp Reisner philipp.reisner at linbit.com
Tue Apr 12 18:47:42 CEST 2005

[...]
> After hooking up the console server to log the error messages it took
> quite some time until the error reproduced itself but here it finally
> is.
> As for your questions, there is no keyboard interaction possible after
> the crash, there are no ping responses either.
> MAGIC_SYSRQ is not enabled on the machine.
>
> I will also post some of the hardware specs and the dmesg.
>
> Please let me know if I can provide you with any more/other information.

Do you compiled the kernel by yourself, or is it a vendor kernel ?

When you reproduce the OOPS, does it always happen in recalc_sigpending_tsk ?

Have you already checked if the machine is okay ? Memtest86 etc...

Basically the call trace seems to be ok, only the
blk_plug_device line is there a bit strange. But so far so good...
The other strange thing is that there is no process name!!!

-> These two facts point to the assumption that the current pointer
   was not valid in recalc_sigpending_tsk(). But this is only
   an educated guess.
   To know for real I would need the ./kernel/signal.c file
   compiled with your settings and compiler but
   the "-c" replaced with "-gstabs+ -S".

BTW, do you have any strange things enabled ? Maybe kernel-preemption ?

PS: Is there anyone on the list who has the same XFS+DRBD crashes ?

-philipp

[...]