[DRBD-user] XFS issues

Philipp Reisner philipp.reisner at linbit.com
Tue Apr 5 13:34:55 CEST 2005

Am Dienstag, 5. April 2005 09:11 schrieb sebastian schmitzdorff:
> Hello,
>
> as I found out recently DRBD still has severe issues using the sgi XFS
> filesystem. The primary System will hang hard when starting the
> Sychronization, the secondary is actually unaffected. The error is
> reproducable on Kernel 2.6.10 and drbd 0.7.7 as well as on kernel 2.6.11
> and drbd 0.7.10. The first setup is from myself and the second setup is
> from a person that has the same error's.
> DRBD is a great sofware and I'm certain that full xfs compliance would
> bring it a lot further.
>
> Is there any chance that this issue will be addressed?
>
> I'd be happy and willing, to help resolving this issue.

As it is now, the report is next to be useless...

How does the machine locks up ?

Does it respond to pings?
Does it respond to keystrokes?
Is it still possible to loggle the keyboard leds like shift-lock?

In case your kernel has "CONFIG_MAGIC_SYSRQ=y" in /proc/config.gz
press ALT-'Print Screen'-t and try to get the output to me and/or
the list.
[ Nb. It might be necessary to do "echo 1 > /proc/sys/kernel/sysrq"
  first. ]

-Phil