[DRBD-user] Which filesystem on hearbeat+mysql+drbd

Guy Davis guy.davis at pason.com
Wed Sep 29 19:53:21 CEST 2004

Wile wrote:
> Hi, I need to know which filesystem is recommended to the following
> configuration..... hearbeat+mysql+drbd, and kernel 2.6?? (or 2.4 (another
> recommendation please))

We are using ext3 at this point on Linux 2.4 and have had good
performance. This is without DRBD and HA which we're just starting to
experiment with.  We've heard conflicting recommendations from our MySQL
support.  Some say ReiserFS, while others say ext3 is just fine.  It
probably comes down to what you feel most comfortable supporting.

Guy