Re: [DRBD-user] drbd tranfer limitations (random and sequential acccess) using raw

crsurf crsurf at terra.com.br
Thu Sep 23 14:47:48 CEST 2004

De:drbd-user-bounces at lists.linbit.com

Para:"drbd-user" drbd-user at lists.linbit.com

Cópia:

Data:Thu, 23 Sep 2004 14:26:04 +0200

Assunto:Re: [DRBD-user] drbd tranfer limitations (random and sequential acccess) using raw

> / 2004-09-23 09:01:50 -0300
> \ crsurf:
> > Hello list
> > I?m using drbd in a Gigabit network (crossover cable) and when I
> > synchronize data (sequential read/write) the tranfer hit to 30~40
> > Mb/s, but when I make inserts into database (random read/write) that
> > access drbd device via raw, the transfer rate hit only 5~6 Mb/s.
> > Exists some way to improve this performance? I increased the
> > sndbuf-size to 256K, but no such effect. I increase interface MTU to
> > 9000 and no such effect too. One database process that run in 4 min.
> > without replication, run in 30 min. with replication. Now I?m trying
> > using filesystem jfs instead raw to view if the performance will be
> > improved.
> > Maybe sync-nice can help us?
>
> I am not sure which transfer rate you are talking about.
> the throughput of your applications, or the resync throughput?

With resync tha transfer hit 40~50 Mb/s, afer I changed MTU.

> or the resync throughput while you have resynchronization and
> applications running concurrently?

And when I make a insert into database the transfer hit to 4~6 Mb/s, without full synchronization, only online synchronization.

> and when you talk about sync-nice, you are using drbd 0.6 ?

Yes, I´m using 0.6.13

> maybe you want to use 0.7 instead. it reduces the amount of data
> transfered to a minimum, thus reducing the time for resynchronization to
> some one to three minutes, typically.

Well, I´m already compiled 0.7.4, but my question is: I can use the config file of 0.6 in 0.7? And the drbdsetup commands to replicate and define primary node are the same?

I will read documentation now, but if you comment this I win some time.

> lge
>
> Esta mensagem foi verificada pelo E-mail Protegido Terra.
> Scan engine: VirusScan / Atualizado em 22/09/2004 / Vers?o: 1.5.2
> Proteja o seu e-mail Terra: http://www.emailprotegido.terra.com.br/
>
> E-mail classificado pelo Identificador de Spam Inteligente Terra.
> Para alterar a categoria classificada, visite
> http://www.terra.com.br/centralunificada/emailprotegido/imail/imail.cgi?+_u=crsurf&_l=1,1095942407.249501.6542.turvo.terra.com.br,3801,Des15,Des15

Grateful

Cristiano da Costa