[DRBD-user] Inaccurate disk usage

James Doherty james at zeald.com
Thu Sep 23 00:16:31 CEST 2004

Hi guys,

I've been copying files over from our live servers to my DRBD setup in
preparation for putting it live. We're running DRBD on top of LVM1 and
using ext3 as the filesystem. I'm using 'internal' for meta-disk.

However, in the process of copying files over, I managed to fill the
DRBD resource up. df -h reports this however:

fileserver:~# df -h
/dev/hda1             2.8G  309M  2.3G  12% /
/dev/drbd0            1.8G  408M  1.3G  23% /data
/dev/drbd1             20G   18G  912M  96% /shares

I can't copy files to the /shares drbd resource as I get a "disk is
full" error. I'm not really sure who is to blame here. Whether its LVM,
DRBD or ext3. Has anyone come across this before?

Thanks!
--
James Doherty
Zeald.com Network Operations