[DRBD-user] drbd on Redhat Advanced server 2.4.9-3.49

Robert Fowler Robert.Fowler at ward.ie
Wed Sep 22 13:38:44 CEST 2004

Thanks for the help yesterday,  I am still stuck and looking to find
answers to compiling issues.

Basically I want to install a version of drbd on redhat advanced server
2.1 Advanced Server with a kernel 2.4.9-e.49smp.  I don't have the
option of upgrading the kernel as it will be out of support from Redhat.

I have tried the following steps:

Download the drbd source code drbd-0.7.4.tar.gz from drdb.org
Unzip the file gzip -d /usr/src/drbd-0.7.4.tar.gz
Untar the source code  tar -xvf  /usr/src/drbd-0.7.4.tar

==Prequisites ===

cd /usr/src/linux-2.4
# make config
enable modules
#make dep  updates modversions.h

Next you  need to make the kernel source tree you compile drbd against
match the configuration of the kernel you want to use drbd with, which
will be the current  running kernel.

# cd /usr/src/drbd-0.7.4/drbd
# make clean ; make KDIR=/usr/src/linux-2.4

This is where I get this error:

warning: implicit decleration of function `min`
*** [drbd_bitmap.0] error 1
Leaving directory /usr/src/drbd-0.7.4/drbd`
*** [_mod_/usr/src/drbd-0.7.4/drbd] error 2
Leaving directory /usr/src/linux-2.4.9-e.49`
Make: *** [kbuild] error 2

I have had a look in the drbd_config.h file and it states some redhat
2.4.X.Y kernels flavours have an mm_inline.h which needs to be included
explicitly.  But don't have a clue what to do here???

Do I uncomment the line //#define HAVE_MM_INLINE_H and if so how ?

Thanks again
If you have received this email in error please notify the system manager or  the
sender immediately and do not disclose the contents to anyone or make copies.

** eSafe scanned this email for viruses, vandals and malicious content **