[DRBD-user] DRBD not working on one computer after updates from SuSE

Lars Marowsky-Bree lmb at suse.de
Mon Sep 20 11:16:49 CEST 2004

On 2004-09-19T15:10:56,
   Neil Stevens <neil at eonweb.com> said:

> Starting DRBD resources:        Version tags of drbdsetup and drbd kernel
> module are not matching!
>         API_VERSION: drbdsetup:75 -- drbd module:74
>         Please check your installation!
>         Version tags of drbdsetup and drbd kernel module are not matching!
>
> version: 0.7-pre8 (api:74/proto:72)  That's on the computer that complains.
> version: 0.7.2 (api:75/proto:74)  That's on the computer that still loads.

Oops. A version update sneaked into the 9.1 kernel update, but the drbd
user space was not updated at the same time. We'll eventually fix that.

However, as drbd is not a supported feature on 9.1 (we only support it
fully on the enterprise product), you may as well recompile drbd on the
9.1 box.

> I tried to install 0.7.3 but had the same problems there on both computers.

Use 0.7.4.

> trying to make dep ...
> make[2]: Entering directory `/usr/src/linux-2.6.5-7.108-obj/i386/default'
> make[4]: *** No rule to make target `dep'.  Stop.
> make[3]: *** [dep] Error 2
> make[2]: *** [dep] Error 2
> make[2]: Leaving directory `/usr/src/linux-2.6.5-7.108-obj/i386/default'
> I'll ignore this error, but this can cause inconsistencies!

make dep is no longer needed on the 2.6 kernel, I guess, so just ignore
it.

> And during the make install:
>
> ln -s ../etc/init.d/drbd /sbin/rcdrbd
> ln: `/sbin/rcdrbd': File exists
> make[1]: *** [install] Error 1
> make[1]: Leaving directory `/usr/src/drbd-0.7.3/scripts'
> make: *** [install] Error 2
> silas:/usr/src/drbd-0.7.3 #

Interesting, but harmless, the symlink simply already exists. I'd
recommend that you remove the drbd package (rpm -e drbd) before
installing your self-compiled version, otherwise you are bound to get
clashes between the packaged version and the one you are installing.

Sincerely,
    Lars Marowsky-Brée <lmb at suse.de>

--
High Availability & Clustering