[DRBD-user] Clarification on How-To

Lars Ellenberg Lars.Ellenberg at linbit.com
Mon Sep 20 01:22:38 CEST 2004

/ 2004-09-16 10:27:34 -0500
\ Peter Smith:
> That's a great question.  I recently banged my head into the wall until
> I decided to force it manually.
>
> drbdsetup /dev/drbd0 primary --do-what-I-say
>
> Another thing that is odd, is the HOWTO uses /dev/nb0 while I've come
> across documentation that mentions that the nb* devices are no longer
> used and to switch to drbd* instead.

we are not too much developers, you know. and we do this mostly unpaid.
writing documentation takes a lot of time.  updating every stale howto
found by google is not easy either. yes, we should probably update or
drop the howto that is included in the tgz.

but there is this http://linuxha.trick.ca/DRBD_2fQuickStart07

maybe it is not prominently linked to, in the README included in the
tgz, it mentions the http://linuxha.trick.ca/DRBD page.

if you want to help us improve documentation, either sent patches,
or feel free to add/improve some DRBD or other howtos on
http://wiki.trick.ca/linux-ha/

	lge