[DRBD-user] Support Question

Lars Ellenberg Lars.Ellenberg at linbit.com
Mon Sep 20 01:07:22 CEST 2004

/ 2004-09-17 09:14:57 +0200
\ Lars Marowsky-Bree:
> On 2004-09-16T12:44:55,
>    Greg Freemyer <freemyer-ml at NorcrossGroup.com> said:
>
> > I was hoping for your response.  rsync is an option I had not
> > considered, but it is a good one.
> >
> > One question about the 128MB of low memory.  That is only on 32-bit
> > platforms, right?
>
> I seem to recall that, yes.

this is correct. the implementation details is: vmalloc(on_large_chunk).

for anything like ix86 it is a bad choice when using large devices and
therefor large bitmaps, because on that archs vmallocable memory is
precious...

for 64bit platforms this is, if still not an optimal choice, no problem.

	Lars Ellenberg