[DRBD-user] attempt to access beyond end of device

Alan Robertson alanr at unix.sh
Fri Sep 17 09:58:34 CEST 2004

Andrew wrote:
> Alan Robertson wrote:
>
>> Andrew wrote:

>>> would have been a fair while .... maybe 3-4 months.... should I give
>>> fsck a go? any particular options I should use with fsck ?
>>

>> Not that I know of.
>>
>> If taking this system down is difficult, you could even do an fsck -n
>> with it mounted.  It might produce errors, but if you do it several
>> times, and each time it gives the same errors, then it's probably
>> worth unmounting it and checking it out the right way.
>

> when i run fsck ... i get :
>
> [nai2 at jack nai2]$ sudo /sbin/fsck -n /dev/nb0
> fsck 1.34 (25-Jul-2003)
> e2fsck 1.34 (25-Jul-2003)
> Warning!  /dev/nb0 is mounted.
> Warning: skipping journal recovery because doing a read-only filesystem
> check.
> The filesystem size (according to the superblock) is 25444352 blocks
> The physical size of the device is 25044854 blocks
> Either the superblock or the partition table is likely to be corrupt!
> Abort? no
>
> /dev/nb0 contains a file system with errors, check forced.
> Pass 1: Checking inodes, blocks, and sizes
> Deleted inode 1015829 has zero dtime.  Fix? no

This is more or less what I expected...

I suspect you made the filesystem (mkfs) on the lower layer (real disk) device.

--
     Alan Robertson <alanr at unix.sh>

"Openness is the foundation and preservative of friendship...  Let me claim
from you at all times your undisguised opinions." - William Wilberforce