[DRBD-user] Why FullSync is mandatory with first DRBD activation ??? (0.7 series)

Benoit.Ropartz at alcatel.fr Benoit.Ropartz at alcatel.fr
Wed Sep 8 16:23:53 CEST 2004

Hello,

I wonder why DRBD active a Fullsync systematically after a first activation
of DRBD (DRBD_MD_MAGIC=0 in my MD area
on disk).

It's not necessary if disks must be formated (mke2fs) ????

On two boxs :

1) drbdadm attach all

On Primary :

2) drbdadm primary
3) mke2fs /dev/nbd/0
4) mount /dev/nbd/0 /xxx

Some writes on DRBD partition.........

On two boxs :

5) drbdadm connect all              >>>> FullSync whereas a QuickSync is
necessary <<<<

We could add a optional parameter in "drbdadm attach" command  for skip
this FullSync ????

Benoit.