[DRBD-user] device size limit <= 2TB for DRBD disk on DRBD <= 0.7.3

Helmut Wollmersdorfer helmut.wollmersdorfer at gmx.at
Wed Sep 1 01:27:49 CEST 2004

Lars Ellenberg wrote:

> two drbd with ca. 2TB each will do, probably.  three is unlikely, and
> four of that size is probably not possible currently.

> this is a known problem, and will eventually be fixed.
> it does not seem very hard to fix, but as long as we have the impression
> that "the average drbd user" does not use several TB of storage, fixing
> that has low priority...

Hmm, times are changing very fast. Two years ago I had 12 GB on servers
and 50 GB in total at home office. Now I have 2 x 240 GB on servers and
around 1 TB in total.

At last project they had 27 TB storage system on one server (for _one_
application) and 17 TB of this mirrored by 11 km fiber to an hot standby
- not DRBD, obviously.

Helmut Wollmersdorfer