[DRBD-user] Slow NFS behaviour (0.7.5)

Jaroslaw Zachwieja grok at warwick.ac.uk
Tue Nov 23 20:20:50 CET 2004

On wtorek 23 listopada 2004 17:04, Philipp Reisner wrote:
> On Tuesday 23 November 2004 18:02, Philipp Reisner wrote:
> > Do you mount your local filesystems with the "sync" option ?
> > I do not do this. I see this as the common semantics which under
> > Unix/Linux.
>
> I wanted to add: There only way to run a "sync" mounted FS with
> tolerable performance is to use a controller with battery backed-
> up RAM.

I've remounted everything with async option and noticed significant
performance improvement. Apparently you're right. "sync" is _not_ the
way to go with DRBD. "async" is.

The loadavg dropped to the manageable range of 2-4 when using both
protocols B and C and I'm pretty happy with the setup now.

Thanks for the help!

Best regards,
--
Jaroslaw Zachwieja