[DRBD-user] Merge into mainline kernel?

Chris Paulson-Ellis chris at edesix.com
Wed Nov 17 15:58:58 CET 2004

Are there any plans to merge drbd into the mainline kernel? I gather
that the kernel developers are keen to reduce the number of "out of
tree" developments.

It may help drbd by encouraging the wider kernel community to review the
code. They will also be prevented from making changes that break the
compilation of drbd (though they may still break it in other ways).

It would reassure users like me that should the original author get run
over by a bus, the code would be sufficiently widely used and understood
that a new maintainer would quickly be found.

Chris.