[DRBD-user] using drbd on software raid

Lucas Albers admin at cs.montana.edu
Mon May 31 20:03:55 CEST 2004

Lars Ellenberg said:
> +   #  and I see "access beyond end of device" in some rare cases, when
> +   #  someone tries to access the last logical block with full block
> +   #  size, but it is some sectors shorter -- not drbd's fault, anyways)
> +   # it is probably best rounded _down_ to the next multiple of 4
> +   disk-size = 12345678k
>     ^^^^^^^^^

So assuming my size for my software raid is thus:
md4 : active raid5 hdh4[3] hdg4[2] hdf4[1] hde4[0]
      356958720 blocks level 5, 64k chunk, algorithm 2 [4/4] [UUUU]

I should set my size in drbd to: 356958720 - 4

Can we make a wiki for drbd?
Similar to this wiki, to keep you from the pain of answering the same
questions over and over?

http://wiki.spamassassin.org

--
Luke Computer Science System Administrator
Security Administrator,College of Engineering