[DRBD-user] drbd0: could not kmalloc() nbh

Tim Tregubov tim at zingweb.com
Sat May 29 19:23:16 CEST 2004

Hiya -

Sorry if this has already been asked (I searched the lists and didn't
find a resolution per say).

Is seeing lots and lots of this bad:
kernel:  drbd0: could not kmalloc() nbh
last message repeated 713 times
?

It was preceeded by a sync:
drbd0: Synchronisation started blks=15
drbd0: Synchronisation done.

I'm running: version: 0.6.12 (api:64/proto:62)
on:   2.4.21-15.ELsmp   (RH ES 3 Taroon Update 2)
compiled with: gcc (GCC) 3.2.3 20030502 (Red Hat Linux 3.2.3-34)
filesystem is ext3

At the time this happened I was running a 9.7GB untar onto the file
system (shortly after the full sync).

The messages only appeared on one of the two systems.

Help!   I need to put this system into production monday morn, and I'm
stressing. :-)

Thanks so much for any help!

Cheers,
Tim

the drbd.conf:
resource drbd0 {

   protocol=C #used to be B but seems like C is prefered now
   fsckcmd=/bin/true #used to be fsck -p -y but we're on ext3 now
   inittimeout=120

   disk {
         do-panic #for io-errors added
         disk-size=40025916
   }

   net {
     tl-size     = 8000
     sync-group  = 0
     sync-min    = 1M
     sync-max    = 600M # if you don't care about network saturation
     timeout     = 120   # unit: 0.1 seconds
     connect-int = 30    # unit: seconds
     ping-int    = 30    # unit: seconds
     ko-count    = 10     # if some block send times out this many times,
                         # the peer is considered dead, even if it still
                         # answeres ping requests
   }

   on shadowfax {
     device=/dev/nb0