[DRBD-user] initscript should be non-interactive

Lars Ellenberg Lars.Ellenberg at linbit.com
Wed May 26 10:59:37 CEST 2004

/ 2004-05-25 22:26:55 +0100
\ Nuno Tavares:
> Em Mon, 24 May 2004 16:55:15 +0200, Philipp Reisner escreveu:
>
> > So, what do you suggest ? -- Unfortunately heartbeat does not take hints
> > from DRBD. The only way to make sure that heartbeat does not activate a
> > resource is to not start it at all.
>
> Philipp, this might not be true. Heartbeat uses, in some situations, the
> output of "/etc/init.d/<script> status" to get info about the service.
> I'm not sure about how is the "service ping" done, but it was something
> I was told @linux-ha.

heartbeat knows to states: "running", or "stopped".
if one service in the stack reports "running", it won't be started
again, but the services on top of it would then be started,
which is not what you want.

the "next generation" of heartbeat will hopefully know a lot more about
resources, and interactions thereof, and may be able to understand more
than two resource states, if neccessary.

	Lars Ellenberg