[DRBD-user] initscript should be non-interactive

Helmut Wollmersdorfer helmut.wollmersdorfer at gmx.at
Tue May 25 15:08:06 CEST 2004

Philipp Reisner schrieb:
> On Monday 24 May 2004 16:19, Helmut Wollmersdorfer wrote:

[1]
>>I think, other drbd-resources should work independent from the problems
>>of only _one_ drbd-resource.

> So, what do you suggest ? --

Not a ready to use solution.

We have two "should"-(not "must"-)requirements - the [1] above and [2]
"initscripts should be non-interactive" which are not 100% fullfilled by
DRBD. We have workarounds. Conclusion: normal severity, normal priority.

> Unfortunately heartbeat does not take hints
> from DRBD. The only way to make sure that heartbeat does not activate a
> resource is to not start it at all.

Hmm, I assume, that other sync methods like rsync will have a similar
problem, which needs to be handled by failover software. Is this
missing, important functionality of heartbeat?

> We are aware of the problem and working on it. But do not expect that we
> will change anything in DRBD-0.6.x .

ACK. Minimize the risk of new invented errors in a stable version.

> Development happens at DRBD-0.7. Although it is not formal, I would
> say we are already in a kind of feature freeze for 0.7.

ACK. Better to have this major step forward, than additional, less
important features.

Helmut Wollmersdorfer