[DRBD-user] initscript should be non-interactive

Lars Ellenberg Lars.Ellenberg at linbit.com
Tue May 25 13:46:03 CEST 2004

/ 2004-05-24 16:19:21 +0200
\ Helmut Wollmersdorfer:
> Philipp Reisner schrieb:
>
> > Look for "load-only" "skip-wait" and negative init timeouts.
>
> ACK. This is suitable, if availabilty has more priority than data.
>
> Sorry for insisting, but let's think about an example of 3 pairs of
> services/drbd-resources:
>
> - service1/drbd1 is configured for human intervention and human
>   intervention is actually necessary.
> - service2/drbd2 is configured for human intervention and human
>   intervention is actually not necessary.
> - service3/drbd3 can be Primary anyways, because "outdated" is
>   acceptable.
>
> As far as I understand the init-script, it will wait at drbd1 for human
> input, and drbd2, drbd3 get no chance. Independent, if and what failover
> software is used.
>
> I think, other drbd-resources should work independent from the problems
> of only _one_ drbd-resource.

though you can configure it differently, and some do this...

the *typical* config is two nodes, a few devices.
if one device cannot see the peer, the others won't either, obviously.
so for the "typical" deployment this is a non-issue.

we need to adress this somewhen, when a crazy crisscross five node
cluster setup becomes more common ...

	Lars Ellenberg