[DRBD-user] initscript should be non-interactive

Helmut Wollmersdorfer helmut.wollmersdorfer at gmx.at
Mon May 24 16:19:21 CEST 2004

Philipp Reisner schrieb:

 > Look for "load-only" "skip-wait" and negative init timeouts.

ACK. This is suitable, if availabilty has more priority than data.

Sorry for insisting, but let's think about an example of 3 pairs of
services/drbd-resources:

- service1/drbd1 is configured for human intervention and human
   intervention is actually necessary.
- service2/drbd2 is configured for human intervention and human
   intervention is actually not necessary.
- service3/drbd3 can be Primary anyways, because "outdated" is
   acceptable.

As far as I understand the init-script, it will wait at drbd1 for human
input, and drbd2, drbd3 get no chance. Independent, if and what failover
software is used.

I think, other drbd-resources should work independent from the problems
of only _one_ drbd-resource.

Helmut Wollmersdorfer