[DRBD-user] Re: A big bug in datadisk

Lars Ellenberg l.g.e at web.de
Mon May 10 21:10:38 CEST 2004

I'll just bounce it to the list for now.
And, I don't see were the *bug* is?

/ 2004-05-10 18:45:54 +0200
\ Dmitry Golubev:
> Hello, again
>
> Today I've fount a really big bug in datadisk which causes HA cluster locking.
> During the procedure it tries to unmount DRBD partition, it first tries just
> to unmount, then tries to kill all users which access the partition (please
> put this option by default, as in the patch I've send you recently, - it
> really helps). Yes?

You do want to "put this option" what? on? off? what option?
Mentioned mail obviously did not reach me.

> But in case something is mounted there (or binded with mount --bind), the
> partition won't unmount even if you kill every single process in the system!
> I will send you a patch tomorrow, which tries to unmount all internal mounts.

Thanks.

The "right" way to go about this seems to be: only have a drbddisk
script (as with 0.7) which *only* activates/deactivates (make
Primary/Secondary)  the device, and use the Filesystem resource script
provided by heartbeat to mount/umount.

	Lars Ellenberg