[DRBD-user] Problems making connection

Jason Gray jgray at bardelanimation.com
Wed May 5 04:56:54 CEST 2004

I've just setup a new cluster and I'm having problems getting the two
systems to talk.  Here are the config files:

resource drbd0 {
  protocol = B

#  fsckcmd  = fsck -p -y
   fsckcmd  = reiserfsck -p -y

 disk {
    disk-size   = 1954545664
 }

  net {
    sync-min    = 10M
    sync-max    = 10M    # maximal average syncer bandwidth
    tl-size     = 5000  # transfer log size, ensures strict write ordering
    timeout     = 60    # 0.1 seconds
    connect-int = 10    # seconds
    ping-int    = 10    # seconds
    sync-nice   = -20
  }

  on BD4 {
    device  = /dev/nb0
    disk    = /dev/dragons/dragons01
    address = 10.0.0.1
    port    = 7788
  }

 on BD4b {
    device  = /dev/nb0
    disk    = /dev/backup_volume/1
    address = 10.0.0.2
    port    = 7788
  }
}

When I try to start drbd on both systems they both start but cannot find
each other.  I can ping the IP on both machines.  I have a feeling it has
something to do with this:

Node 1:

0: cs:WFConnection st:Primary/Unknown ns:0 nr:0 dw:1192 dr:133652 pe:0 ua:0

Node 2:

0: cs:WFConnection st:Secondary/Unknown ns:0 nr:0 dw:0 dr:0 pe:0 ua:0
1: cs:Unconfigured st:Secondary/Unknown ns:0 nr:0 dw:0 dr:0 pe:0 ua:0

I can't seem to clear the Unconfigured resource from the module nor can I
get the Secondary to appear like this:

0: cs:WFConnection st:Unknown/Secondary ns:0 nr:0 dw:0 dr:0 pe:0 ua:0

Any thoughts on what I'm doing wrong?

Cheers,

Jason