[DRBD-user] DRBD over an existing filesystem

En Chiang Lee ena at india.hp.com
Fri Mar 26 11:29:06 CET 2004

> how big is the difference?
The fsck output is:
 fsck 1.32 (09-Nov-2002)
 e2fsck 1.32 (09-Nov-2002)
 The filesystem size (according to the superblock) is 1004031 blocks
 The physical size of the device is 506016 blocks
 Either the superblock or the partition table is likely to be corrupt!
 Abort<y>? yes

> how big is the *peer* device?
The *peer* is not yet up, so this is on a single machine.

> fdisk -s /dev/hde2

[root at dlssi3 root]# fdisk -s /dev/hde6
1004031
[root at dlssi3 root]# fdisk -s /dev/nbd/0
506016

> in each case,
>  what does read_gc.pl report? (its in ./testing/ of the drbd source tree)
>  fdisk -s /dev/nbd/0
>  # assuming ext3 :
>  dumpe2fs -h /dev/nbd/0 | grep "^Block "

[root at dlssi3 root]# dumpe2fs -h /dev/nbd/0 | grep "^Block "
dumpe2fs 1.32 (09-Nov-2002)
Block count:              1004031
Block size:               1024

>  drbdsetup /dev/nbd/0 show

[root at dlssi3 root]# drbdsetup /dev/nbd/0 show
Lower device: 33:06   (/dev/hde6)
Meta device: 33:05   (/dev/hde5)
Meta index: 0
Disk options: