[DRBD-user] console message

Philipp Reisner philipp.reisner at linbit.com
Thu Mar 25 15:15:19 CET 2004

Am Mittwoch, 24. März 2004 07:58 schrieb Jim Richard:
> in my testing of 0.6.12 I have come across this message on the consoles
> of the nodes on occasion :
>
> predetermined states are in contradiction to GC's
>
> what does this mean ?

You assigned roles (=Primary/Secondary) to your drbd devices
before they could connect. [I used the word "state" for "role"]

As soon as the two devices got connected, they tried to figure
out which node has the latest data. And they came to the
conclusion that you got it wrong. But you are the boss :)

GC = generation counters , this is the name of the data structure...

-philipp