[DRBD-user] DRBD initial sync crashes primary

Todd Denniston Todd.Denniston at ssa.crane.navy.mil
Wed Mar 24 01:06:15 CET 2004

Doug Utzig wrote:

> Sorry about that.  I had the problem with 0.6.10
> originally.  I upgraded to 0.6.12 and still the same
> problem.
>
> $ /etc/init.d/drbd --info
> BASH_VERSINFO : 2 05 8 1 release i386-redhat-linux-gnu
> CVSID         : $Id: drbd,v 1.55 2004/03/04 07:38:18
> lars Exp $
>
> Thanks, Doug.

I have 2 other fun questions, seeing as I had some similar problems when I
started off.
1) what is the physical media (or lvm) you are putting drbd over?
2) what kind of interface do you have to it?

for me:
1) Promise RM8000, hardware raid box connected through scsi
2) scsi using SCSI storage controller: Adaptec AHA-3960D / AIC-7899A U160/m
Both of these needed software upgrades when I got them, and I only figured it
out after commenting out 'do-panic' in the drbd conf and waiting to see the
lower level panic (or /var/log/messages to show some thing).

Remember to put the 'do-panic' back once you figure it out.

repeat after me 'never trust hardware until it has survived you trying to kill
it ... repeatedly'
`badblocks -c 10000 -wv /dev/devicetodie` is your friend.

> --- Lars Ellenberg <Lars.Ellenberg at linbit.com> wrote:
> > / 2004-03-23 12:19:55 -0800
> > \ Doug Utzig:

<SNIP>