[DRBD-user] Why do I get a SyncAll

dhz_bf at walla.co.il dhz_bf at walla.co.il
Mon Mar 22 16:32:37 CET 2004

I am performing some tests with drbd 0.6.11.  One of the tests is as follows:

1. I am closing the switch link of the secondary machine.
2. I am taking down drbd on the secondary machine.
3. I am openning the switch link of the secondary machine.
4. I am bringing up drbd on the secondary machine.

I did not update the synched partitions in between the steps of the test.

I expected that no sync or sync quick will be done after the secondary machine is up, but to my surprise a full sync started.

Why did it happen?  Is this a result of misconfiguration?

Thanks,

Doron Zifrony