[DRBD-user] kernel oops

Kees Cook kees at osdl.org
Fri Mar 19 17:41:16 CET 2004

On Fri, Mar 19, 2004 at 10:02:17AM +0100, Philipp Reisner wrote:
> May I ask you how you used drbdsetup/drbdadm to get it to crash on
> this BUG_ON() ?

I won't have access to the machine again until Monday, but from memory, I
did:

drbdadm attach all
drbdadm connect all

on both machines, then

drbdadm primary all

on one, and on that one, tried to make a filesystem.  It hung the kernel
almost immediately.

Later on, I hit another BUG, also related to the extent parameters, but
this time it happened right after I made it primary (I didn't have to make
the filesystem) since it was trying to recover to the other machine.  That
crashed the sync thread, and /proc/drbd just showed it sitting at 0k/s.
That BUG I could recover from by just shutting down the device.  And
ctrl-C'ing out of drbdadm while it was waiting to kill the already-dead
sync thread.

I will try to get it precisely replicated on Monday.  I wonder if it's due
to monolithic vs modular?  I'm pretty sure I made the execution paths
identical for both...

--
Kees Cook
Open Source Development Lab